Friday, January 4, 2013

Back to life (and blogging)

So, not surprisingly December was absolutely crazy and I did not fit blogging into that month at all.  Every weekend of December we had (at least) one Christmas celebration with family or friends...throw in shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking and a one year old.... I barely had time to sit down. Once I have more time   I will post more about our Christmas and some pictures.
 
This Christmas was a great one with my family and I am so thankful for that.  A few weeks ago my heart broke along with the rest of the people in this country over the shooting in CT.  I still can't believe that something that horrible happened and it terrifies me as a parent that my babies share a world with people that our capable of something like that.  I already have a million things I worry about since I became a mommy and I never imagined that sending my kids to elementary school would be one of them.  I'm devastated for the families that lost their babies and I couldn't help but think of them on Christmas morning, as I was enjoying the day with Brody I knew that  those families were not as lucky. I will never take a single day forgranted. 
 
Today Travis and I celebrated our "dating anniversary", we have been together for five wonderful years :)  I am 30 weeks pregnant today and I happened to have a sonogram and Dr appt scheduled for this morning so we asked my dad and sister to come watch Brody so Travis could come with me to the appt (he usually has to stay at home because it's to hard for us to bring Brody). We got to see Skylar and hear that she is growing well and healthy. The Dr also scheduled my C-section for March 8th!  After our Dr Appt we got to enjoy a lunch date (we don't get to go on many dates these days) :)  January 4th was also the day Travis proposed to me three years ago.  It's hard for me to believe how much we have done and how much our lives have changed since that day! It just keeps getting better and better :)
 
1/4/13
 

No comments:

Post a Comment