Thursday, January 17, 2013

Facebook.....or Texas??

I don't usually post about stuff like this on here but this does have to do with why we are leaving so I guess it ties into our life a bit.   Lately I have been so frustrated by Facebook and all the drama that comes with it.   Facebook used to be a way for me to just relax and get away for a little bit, a nice way to keep up with people I don't see often..just a bit of mindless entertainment.  Then a few topics constantly started consuming my newsfeed.  I don't have a problem with people having different views than I do but I was overwhelmed by the amount of people that were flat out mean regarding their beliefs against what happened to be mine.  I simply did not want to know this side of the people that I used to have high opinions of....and that is Facebook.  However, I have also realized that I am in a state where I am surrounded by people that disagree with me and what I believe (on many different topics), I feel like I am constantly biting my tongue while the people around me are spewing hateful comments and disrespect to others on things that they may or may not know anything about. We have lost what we thought were friends this year and even had issues with family members just because our opinions are different than theirs and that was not something they were willing to accept.  I simply don't feel like we fit in here.  This is certainly not the only reason we are moving but I have to say we are both anxious to meet new people and be in a place where the views are not so heavily one-sided.  
 
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment